General Data Protection Regulations
Practice Privacy Notice
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records and personal data according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data may be automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record if you have consented to this.
- We may share some of your data with the local out of hours care provider and emergency care services with your consent.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research. Where this identifies individuals it will not be done without consent.
For more detailed information on how your data is used please see the Detailed Privacy Notices folder in the waiting room or visit our web site www.sturrysurgery.co.uk
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.